|Real Estate Information|
Finding a Great Listing Agent for Your Home: 8 Tips
If you've decided to list your home, you'll be paying a real estate agent a significant amount of money to the hard work of selling your home. Therefore, you have the right to expect prompt attention, good service, and protection. Here are eight tips for finding a good real estate agent:
1) For your protection, you want a knowledgeable real estate agent to act as a buffer between you and strangers, and to protect you from law suits that might result from your lack of knowledge concerning contract and real estate law.
2) You don't want your agent to be too busy, but you do want them to be relatively successful, because it shows that they list homes at the right price and succeed in getting those homes sold.
3) You want your agent to offer assurances that they'll show your home regularly, that they provide proper signage, MLS coverage, and will create a great sales flyer to hand out to prospective buyers and to other agents.
4) Don't lock yourself into long-term listings. Depending on the market, sixty days may be long enough to show what an agent can do for you. It also allows you to back out of your agreement if you're unhappy with your agent for any reason.
5) Make sure there are no hidden costs in your listing or sales contracts. For instance, some companies charge a "quick sale fee," sometimes as much as $1,000, if your home sells quickly. Make sure all of the real estate fees are explained, in detail, at the very beginning.
6) You can negotiate a lower commission, if that's important to you, which might be the case in a fast-moving market, where an agent might not need to do anything to sell your home other than placing a sign in your yard and listing it with the MLS.
7) Be wary if an agent tries to pressure you into agreeing to pay more than your fair share of closing costs, in order to entice buyers. The listing agent works for you, and their first concern should be to net you as much profit as possible.
8) Of course, you also want your agent to be personable. You may like them in person, but it's also worthwhile to call them at the office, to see how they sound on the phone. If they sound professional and friendly to you, they'll probably impress potential buyers that way, too. Make sure they have a cell phone, as well, to allow both you and potential buyers to get in touch with them quickly and easily.
Choosing a listing agent is important if you want to list your home for the right price and sell it in as short a time as possible. Do your homework, interview several agents, and choose wisely.
(c) Copyright 2004, Jeanette J. Fisher. All rights reserved.
Professor Jeanette Fisher, author of Doghouse to Dollhouse for Dollars, Joy to the Home, and other books teaches Real Estate Investing and Design Psychology. For more articles, tips, reports, newsletters, and sales flyer template, see http://www.doghousetodollhousefordollars.com/pages/5/index.htm
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Real persistence: Men dominate real estate development, but women make inroads - Crain's Detroit Business
FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter Two
Sheriff's Deputy Ted Rasmussen was thinking about Carrie-his pregnant waitress problem-when he sighted the traffic disruption meandering near the yellow line on Bay Street. A Bremerton merchant had called the Sheriff's emergency number reporting a wet morning commuter mess.
At Home In Your Overseas Home
Homeownership, in any form, is a big step for most people. In fact, it's often one of the biggest financial decisions of our lives.
Finance Your Real Estate Investment Properties
Unlike traditional residential real estate mortgages, real estate investment financing is way more creative and offers more options than you think. The golden rule in real estate investment is OPM (Other People's Money).
Free Tips That Will Dramatically Increase the Selling Value Of Your House (Part 1)
Did you know that it's a proven fact that a properly maintained home sells substantially higher then a home that is dirty, depressed looking and clearly not maintained very well? When it comes to selling your house the statement "first impressions are the selling impression" couldn't be any more accurate. This article will highlight some quick tips that will increase the amount of money you can ask for you home when you're ready to sell it.
Buying Foreclosures - Knowing Why Helps You Buy
One big potential deal-killer in buying foreclosures is the homeowner. If the homeowner does not trust you, buying their home (even at a foreclosure auction) can become a greater challenge.
Real Estate Investing - House Problems
Houses can have lots of problemsReal estate investing requires expertise in recognizing these problems and the costs for repair.Sometimes you stumble onto a jewel investment by discovering a house where mom was an excellent housekeeper, and all that's necessary is minor cleanup of the premises to prepare for selling.
How to Qualify For 90% Plus Commercial Financing!!!
There are three important questions that you must understand and answer correctly in order to achieve 90% plus commercial financing! Where to go to locate it? What type of project will qualify? And last, how to negotiate for it?To start, you must understand the lender's mindset?..
Chapter One FSBO the Russ Miles thriller/mystery novel
Chapter OneShe reached the phone on its second ring. "This is Tami!" She confidently answered.
Real Estate Season is Here
Yes, it has finally arrived. This is the time of year when the MLS or Multiple Listing Services go up like crazy in all most every city, town and village.
Condos Vs. Condo Hotels For Vacaton Home Ownership
Condo hotels, also called condotels, are a relatively new concept in vacation home ownership. Rapidly gaining popularity, numerous condo hotels are now being built in Florida, Las Vegas, Chicago, Toronto, the Caribbean and many other locales around the U.
Rapid City Real Estate Agents
Take me Back to the Black HillsLocated in Western South Dakota, Rapid City is a thriving community with many amenities to offers its residents. This city is nestled among the beautiful Black Hills, offering endless recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast in the Black Hills National Forest.
Take A Shotgun Approach
An effective real estate advertising strategy entails a 'shotgun' approach. A shotgun approach includes online internet ads, regular print ads in major real estate publications (AJC) of the property's location, as well as popular local area publications (Creative Loafing) and full use of real estate signs.
How Do You Profit From O.P.P.?
In a previous article we introduced you to the concept of O.P.
How To Find An Experienced Monticello Illinois Realtor
Finding a professional Monticello Realtor in Illinois is thebest way to find the perfect property or home. A licensedrealtor can assist you in locating the type of property youwant in the price range you desire.
Using The Internet In Your Lease Purchase Business
First you need to find a list of For Sale By Owner Sites. You do this by going to one of the major search engines.
Should You Buy Real Estate Now
I have been seeing the market on fire for a long time and have started telling my friends, "don't buy now". No one can accurately determine exactly when it will happen, but it is definately on the way.
Horses In My Back Yard
Horses In My Back Yard by Jody Hudson, with Extensive Collaboration From Chris Hudson HORSE LOVERS: During my thirty years of selling rural land, I have frequently found that folks want some acreage so that they can own and ride horses. They LOVE horses in their own mind but have little if any of the real knowledge or experience necessary to raise one or more horses.
Home Inspectors - Negotiating a Lower Price
To help you negotiate a fair sale price for a home, it's best to get an appraisal and inspection report. Even if you agree directly with the home seller on a sale price, you may want these items to safeguard the value of your new investment.
Choosing a Residential Lot
Finding a lotPlanning for your new home is a very involved process. You might want to get right down to selecting a set of house plans but don't get into a hurry.
California Home Seller Disclosure Duties
Property Condition - Seller's What to Expect During the Inspection ProcessThe Transfer Disclosure Statement (T.D.
home | site map | Blog |
Exchange Links Here | Links page |