|Real Estate Information|
Selling Your Own Home: 10 More Tips
Selling your own home can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. Sometimes, though, in the right market, it makes sense to save thousands of dollars in commission and do it yourself. If you've decided to give it a try, use the tips here to do it right, and to avoid common FSBO (for sale by owner) mistakes.
1. Understand value. It isn't what you think your house is worth, and it doesn't even matter how much you put into it. It is only what it's worth to potential buyers. Find out what they have paid for other similar homes before you decide on a price.
2. Be objective. This is a difficult one. You may want to get your most honest and outspoken friend to walk through the house with you. He'll see problems you didn't know were problems.
3. Have a plan. What will the kids or wife say to those who call? Where will you be closing? Will you have documents prepared by an attorney? A plan will help it all go smoother.
4. Make a list. What needs to be fixed, cleaned, changed, or removed? Do the most obvious things first.
5. Be a prepared salesman. List every question a buyer might have, and be ready with an answer. Have comparison sheets showing other home sales, so buyers can see the value. Have a map showing where nearby stores and libraries, etc. are.
6. Sell benefits. Don't say "near stores." Say "You can walk to the store in five minutes." Don't say "garage." Say "No chipping ice off the windshield in the morning."
7. Have all important information in ads. Square feet, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, address, telephone number, and price. Leaving out the price means some buyers just won't call, and you'll waste time with others who shouldn't be calling.
8. Listen to buyers. The biggest mistake sellers make talking to buyers is to get defensive about their home. Listen to criticisms, and resolve them or ask how important the issue is to the buyer. In other words, learn a little about selling.
9. Be careful with the sales agreement. Be sure that it is understood by both sides. What happens, and when? What if the buyer doesn't get their financing? What's included in the sale? When will the buyer take possesion? Who pays the closing fee?
10. Make closing easy. Have the documents all ready to sign. Be prepared with answers to likely questions. This is likely the largest financial transaction in your buyer's life. Make him comfortable.
There is a lot more to selling your own home than can be covered in ten tips, of course. Use these however, and you'll be doing better than the average FSBO seller.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Selling Your Home Quickly, Even if You Have No Money For Repairs
Do you need to sell your home quickly? If so, don't be tempted by the ads you see that say "We Buy Houses" or "Sell Your Ugly House in 9 days for Cash." Those types of ads are placed by real estate investors who are looking for sellers under duress, and they'll only pay up to 70% of the low end market value for your home.
The Many Ways To Profit From O.P.P.s Multiple Cash Streams
In a previous article we introduced you to the concept of O.P.
Selling Houses: Cutting Edge Design Tips for Selling
In this article, you're going to discover new techniques for marketing houses, and you'll find that these fresh, new interior design ideas will help sell your home faster, and for a higher price than the competition!Buyers' physical senses respond to a home's design, and what a buyer feels is based upon their psychological reactions to sight, hearing, smell, touch, and even taste. Design Psychology employs new strategies in interior design to entice buyers.
Buying a Home with Zero Down Payment in Irvine, CA
Years ago, the only person that could buy a home in Irvine with zero down payment using a new purchase money loan were Veterans of War (called a VA loan). In the past several years, there has been an explosion of new loan programs designed to fit most any buyers circumstances.
Moldy Homes are a Great Investment
Have you seen this in your classifieds? -"Will pay $$$ for moldy homes. Call 555-555-5555"All you have to do is watch the news and you know about mold problems.
Advantages and Disadvantages to Selling a House on Your Own
As with any business transaction, there are pros and cons to selling your own home. Many people are intimidated by the whole process, but if you know what you are up against, and if you are aware of what needs to be done, you will be more effective at selling on your own, or you will be better at making sure your agent does what you prefer.
Young Couple Buys Ranch with Government Money
Kirk and Tina Sczepanik had a dream. They wanted a ranch of their own.
Ten Creative Financing Techniques
Do all the creative financing techniques you hear about really work? Yes, actually. They probably have all worked somewhere for someone at least once.
Investment Property Part 2 of 2: What You Need to Know Before You Buy
Welcome to the second portion of a two-part series on investment property. In the first installment, "How Not to Become a Slumlord", we discussed a little of what it takes to own and operate a property as well as some of the do's and don'ts of the property management trade.
Selling Houses with Curb Appeal and Design Psychology
Curb appeal is the most important challenge you'll face when selling your home. You must make home shoppers feel like getting out of their car to see what's behind the front door.
Find the Right Apartment Quickly and Easily Using an Apartment Locator Service
You've probably seen the ads or heard about apartment locators. But what do they really do and why should you choose an apartment locator to help you find an apartment area?One of the biggest reasons to use an apartment locator is the fact that there are hundreds of apartments to choose from.
How to Build Your Free House
What if you could "place an order" for the construction your Dream House (made either for your family, or for monthly rental income) and have it built for you in only a few months, or maybe weeks?!What if you could get other people to do all the work..
Feel At Home Faster After You Move
Moving to a new community can be a great adventure, if you go with the right attitude and a sound strategy for settling-in. Incorporate these tips into an action plan, and you'll stay focused, organized and proactive-just what's needed to put roots down fast.
Real Estate Research By Talking
Real estate research might start with a look at the U.S.
Property Investment: Spoiled for Choice in Europes Emerging Markets
You could be forgiven for thinking that property is the new dot.com.
Home Loans - Identity Theft Protection Could Hurt Home Sales
Identity theft has been a hot topic in the news during the last few years. Just a month or so ago, forty million credit card numbers were compromised due to a computer attack on a credit card processor.
The Perils of the Property Ladder: Has Anyone Noticed the Silence?
There was a time when every conversation was focussed on property and every other TV programme was about property makeovers. Everybody wanted to get into property and those already on the ladder seemed fixated on becoming wealthy overnight.
Real Estate Investing - The Dream House Effect
Several years ago I developed a philosophy in renovating houses which resulted in a finished product that I call a "Dream House" or "Doll House."How many houses on the market today look very ordinary and less than perfect? How many look "Plain Jane?" What is the difference between these "average" houses and the house on the block that is strikingly different at even the distance of a windshield view?The pronounced difference in the outstanding property offered for sale might be brilliant new lawn grass.
Real Estate Investing - The First House Purchase
Real estate investing usually begins with the purchase of a house, rather than raw land or commercial property. The purchase of a relatively inexpensive house for rental or fix-up purpose is usually lower risk than any other type of real estate investment.
High Tension for the Buyer and Seller of Real Estate Can Be Reduced
Tensions can run high in both the selling and buying of real estate. After all, there is a lot of money and emotion involved! There are also time pressures and numerous privacy issues to deal with.
home | site map | Blog |
Exchange Links Here | Links page |